[nd_slider_item type_slider=”image” fid=”1307″ height=”400px” block_color=”c-theme-bg” different_values=”0″]
[html format=”ckeditor” different_values=”0″ p_color=”f-black” style_padding_left=”5″ style_padding_right=”5″ style_margin_left=”5″ style_margin_right=”5″ style_border_width=”1″ style_border_style=”dashed” style_border_color=”efdede”]
Princeton, July 30 2018
It has been a while since I emailed you. As my LinkedIn connections and a business leader, I thought you’d like the following insights and resources to enable your greater success. I also want to share some interesting conversations I had recently on the Business Thinking Radio podcast with international experts.
As a professional in business, you must have heard your fair share of the ‘same old advice’ on how to achieve greater success in business, whether as an entrepreneur, business owner or as an employee. I am an MIT graduate who has started five companies (successful and not), worked at two Fortune100 companies, been a Silicon Valley VC and interviewed over a hundred CEOs and experts. From over 30 years of experience, I have some practical insights on how you can become more successful sooner.
THE THREE GAPS IN LESS-THAN-SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
I figured out three ‘gaps’ in people who fail or have limited success:
- They fail to identify and eliminate the ‘silent killers of business success’ – things in and around them that cause failure or prevent greater success – relevant to each of us and your ‘high potentials’.
- They fail to develop and practice ‘business thinking’ – relevant to everybody in your business.
- They fail to develop a ‘business mindset’ – a set of beliefs, rules and experiences that could enable them to see business opportunities more often and clearly – relevant to everybody in your business.
You can learn more about each of these ‘gaps’ in videos I made with Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, the #1 leadership thinker and executive coach in the world. About the three ‘gaps’ Marshall said, “What you are doing is important for entrepreneurs, business people, and society”.
I have put together workshops to assist people overcome each of the ‘three gaps’ – https://iluvbusiness.com/workshops (click on individual workshops for more details). You could leave each workshop with new tools and a new you. You can register for a workshop this September on the workshop pages.
I have arranged a 20% early bird discount until Wednesday, August 15th with the code: SEP201820
INTERESTING CONVERSATIONS ON PODCASTS
Since the last time I wrote to you, I have interviewed a few very interesting people on BUSINESS THINKING RADIO podcast at https://iluvbusiness.com/podcasts including:
- Dr. Anders Ericsson, author of PEAK, on how to become an expert
- Dr. Ellen Langer, renowned Harvard psychologist on mindfulness and changing mindsets.
- Dr. Sally Halgesen, a woman’s leadership expert on how ‘women can rise’.
- Dr. Ivan Misner, founder of BNI, the largest business networking organization in the world, on how to turn contacts into connections.
- Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, the legend, on leadership,
- and many others.
MARSHALL GOLDSMITH 100 (MG100) INTERVIEWS
Starting in August, I will be interviewing over a dozen experts from the MG100, thought leaders handpicked by Marshall from around the world.
CAN WE TALK SOON?
I welcome a conversation with you. Let me know a couple of times that work for you or choose a convenient time on my calendar at https://calendly.com/ramviyer. I look forward to hearing from you.
All my best,
Ram V. Iyer
President, Business Thinking Institute
+1 609 275 6300
[nd_slider_item type_slider=”image” fid=”746″ height=”400px” block_color=”green” different_values=”0″]